Updated: Mar 27, 2019
This recipe is a great on the go snack, giving you strength and energy to fuel you longer with a concentrated source of fibre and nutrients. They are filling with all natural ingredients and no processed sugar or dairy. While honey is still a sugar, it is a better sweetener to use and make sure you get yours from local bee keepers in your area do not use the store bought honey unless well sourced. These muffins are healthier than the ones you will get at stores or in coffee shops and you will feel better knowing what is in them and that you made them.
*To print/save recipe press Ctrl + P
2 1/2cups gluten free old fashioned oats (2 cups ground oats and 1/2 cup whole)
2 over ripe bananas mashed
2 large eggs lightly beaten
1/3 cup liquid pure honey
3/4 cup cashew milk or almond milk
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
3 tablespoon hemps seeds
2 tsp pure vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
* 3 tablespoons of dairy free chocolate chips can be added
** 1/4 cup raisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pecans, goji berries, or chia seeds can be added to recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Place 1 1/2 cups of oats in a food processor and blend until reach a flour like consistency (courser than flour) and set aside.
3. In large bowl add bananas, eggs, honey, milk, vanilla and combine.
4. In medium bowl add the ground oats, 1 cup whole oats, hemp seeds, chopped walnuts, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon (chocolate chips if adding) and mix well.
5. Add the wet ingredients to dry and let sit for 10 minutes.
6. Line a muffin tray with liners, and fill 3/4 to the top with the mixture.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes until slightly firm to touch and toothpick comes out clean.