These bites are so versatile, not only with substitutions to the nuts and seeds used but also how you enjoy them. As a topper to your favourite yogurt and fruit, as an on the go snack or just something to nibble on as a light after meal treat, these little bites will leave you satisfied. The variety of nuts will provide essential good fats, fuel for the brain, lower cholesterol and aid in reducing inflammation. Adding cinnamon can help reduce blood sugar, provides anti-inflammatory properties as well as promotes digestive health. The oats will provide a good source of fibre, heart health benefits and keep you fueled longer.
This version of the recipe was adapted from Oh She Glows, is dairy free, gluten free and is full of goodness
*To print/save recipe press Ctrl + P
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raw pecan halves
1 cup raw walnut halves
1/2 cup hemp seeds
3 tbsp unpasteurized pure honey
1/2 cup gluten free rolled old fashioned oats
2 tbsp panella sugar ( can use organic cane sugar)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Add pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans, and hempseed, in a large bowl and combine with the 3 tablespoons of honey and mix well. Set bowl aside.
4. In a small bowl add the oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Add this mixture to the large bowl and mix well. If it looks to dry do not worry it is just fine.
5. Pour the mixture on to the lined baking tray spreading out into a layer.
6. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, then rotate pan and bake another 10 minutes
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
8. Once cooled break the granola into pieces and enjoy. Can be stored in a glass jar for at least 3 weeks to a month.