This recipe is one that I have played around with and am constantly adding and changing ingredients from an original recipe that I stumbled across by Stella from Hungry Happens. The ingredients are simple and I love that you can use pumpkin puree and almond butter to create something so delicious. You can make this vegan by creating a chia seed egg or just substitute with one large egg.
Yields 21 mini muffins
*To print/save recipe press Ctrl + P
1 tablespoon coconut oil
3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
1 cup natural organic almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 chia seed egg (1Tbsp chia seeds to 3Tbsp water)or 1 large egg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon ground pumpkin seed
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
3 tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips
1 teaspoon arrowroot flour
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare a mini muffin pan lightly greasing it with coconut oil
3. Combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large bowl and mix well.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and scoop 2 Tbsp of batter into each well of the tray.
5. Garnish with a few pumpkin seeds
6. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes clean in centre and firm to touch.